Did your D4D use a lot of fuel in the beginning?

Diskutiere Did your D4D use a lot of fuel in the beginning? im T25: Motorisierung Forum im Bereich Avensis T25: von 04-2003 bis 12-2008; I've gotten my Av only 1½ week ago and have only taken it for 1300km My last use of diesel was 7,7 l/100km .. can this be right?? Sure...

1. Gast

Gast Guest

I've gotten my Av only 1½ week ago and have only taken it for 1300km

My last use of diesel was 7,7 l/100km .. can this be right??

Sure I've been using the aircon, preheater and cruise control more then you normally would (gotta test it out ;D) but besides that, I've been driving it economically, in my own opinion, and 7,7 is far from the 6 l/100km from the toyota specs

Will this be better af the first few thousand km?

2. bill

bill Guest

3. Gast

Gast Guest

ok ... well, I hope it gets a bit better in a while .. 7,7 is unacceptable with the driving that I've done sofar ;-)

4. #4 henktoyota, 03.04.2005
    henktoyota

henktoyota Fortgeschrittener

Fahrzeug:
    T27 FL - 2.0 D-4D Kombi
    Verbrauch:
    Hi zz24hours,

After my first fuelstop I also had the same impression, 7,4L consumption (but it all depends if you fill it each time up the same way, which is not easy with the diesel foam).

The last time, after 3500km, I was at 5,8L, but with a very economic driving style (gear up around 2000rpm) and max 100-120km/hr in morning and evening rush hours.

I hope to reach an average of around 6,2 to 6,5L after driving the AV for around 10000km. Wait and see... [​IMG]

PS: the consumption data are calculated, not from the BC

Henk

5. #5 toyo-hallo, 04.04.2005
    toyo-hallo

toyo-hallo Guest

@zz24hours

In fact, we also regarded an unexpectedly high consumption:
    An average of about 8,5 l/100km.

Our last measure a few days ago and the least consumption so far; wed covered medium distance at a maximum of 130km/h and an average significantly below 100km/h:

48,1l/633km=7,6 l/100km.

Meanwhile - after 8000. km - we assume that the engine generally needs more fuel than those of manufactuerers like BMW and VW (we actually can compare three cars directly).

[​IMG]

6. Gast

Gast Guest

ok, thank you [​IMG]

I'll just have to wait and see if I can push it further then.

I've had experience with the VAG TDI's and even when driving them hard, they normally only used 5,8 - 6 l/100km.

Had I driven them like I've done the AV the last week, the consumption would be around 5,2.

But then again, the pleasure of driving the AV is much bigger, less noise, less rattles, more equipment.

7. #7 toyo-hallo, 04.04.2005
    toyo-hallo

toyo-hallo Guest

@zz24hours

We as well experienced differences in Diesel consumption of about 1l/100km between our AV and the PASSAT TDI.
    Nevertheless, our AV is the car where driving is connected with more comfort und fun.

[​IMG]

8. uwzl

uwzl Guest

Hello!

Did you calculate the consumption manually or do you trust the board-computer? The board computer is rather a random-number-generator :-).

I need in average 7,5 l/100 km [mainly city traffic].
    My lowest consumption so far (not "economy"-optimized!): 6,3 l/100 km [mainly overland]. My highest: 9,1 l/100 km [a high speed tour ;-)]

Greetings,
    Uwe

9. Gast

Gast Guest

Its calculated [​IMG]
    Just checking what the BC suggest the range to be, should convince people that its better to turn it off [​IMG]

http://www.spritmonitor.de/detail.php?vid=110904

I filled her up yesterday morning and have really put an efford into driving economically - in the 220km covered sofar, the bc says 6,2 l/100. This is 50/50 autobahn with 120-140 km/h and highway with 90 km/h. Looking forward to getting the real consumption calculated.

Just to examplify the BC's inaccuracy, it says that the range on this tank, should be just below 700km. Using its own calculated average consumption, the range is 950km.

Thema:

Did your D4D use a lot of fuel in the beginning?

Die Seite wird geladen...

Did your D4D use a lot of fuel in the beginning? - Ähnliche Themen

1. Toyota Fuel Injection Cleaner (Additiv)

Toyota Fuel Injection Cleaner (Additiv): Hat jemand Info's über die Anwendung/Wirksamkeit des "Fuel Injection Cleaner" ? Aufgrund meiner Laufleistung und dem morgendlichen Ruckeln in der...
  2. FuelSaver

FuelSaver: Guten Abend, habe auf der Seite von Forstinger (ähnlich wie ATU) folgendes Zubehör entdeckt: Fuel Saver für den Avensis wäre es dieses Teil:...